The year has begun with some grim data on the pandemic and rates of infection across the country. New strains of Covid-19 are more transferable, and while we’re all suffering Covid-fatigue it’s more important than ever to remain vigilant. For the most up to date figures on cases and transmission rates in Suffolk, click here.
The new national lockdown has been called to keep us all safe and reduce the spread of the virus as much as possible. As an organisation, IP17 GNS want to remind people that we are still ready and on hand to help with any tasks that support the containment of the virus and people’s wellbeing during these challenging times.
The most recent lockdown has caused an increase in demand for our services as people remain isolated for longer-term, or are furloughed from work, or need to stay indoors without access to shops or prescription services. Our ‘Good Neighbour Scheme’ volunteers can help!
It’s really important to us that we reach as many people in our community as possible so please keep spreading the word! We’re particularly concerned about anyone going out for supplies who should really be isolating or staying at home. It’s so important that if you’re awaiting test results for you or anyone in your family, if you’re shielding or experiencing any possible symptoms that you STAY AT HOME. Act as if you’re carrying the virus and make the best choice for the wider community. If you need things dropped off please call us and we’ll make it happen; it’s just safer not to risk it.
What we do:
- Assist with shopping deliveries or emergency food & essential supplies for those suffering financial hardship due to the pandemic
- Collection & deliveries of prescription medications for anyone self-isolating, shielding or quarantining.
- Referrals or signposting to other organisations for further help such as food bank referrals.
- A phone buddy system. receive regular phone calls (you choose how often) for a chat & to check in for anyone experiencing loneliness or anxiety.
- Where possible: host community activities designed to inclusively promote well-being.
Who we help:
We aim to support as many people as possible, old or young, from all different backgrounds. Covid-19 is affecting us all in different ways so it’s important we all get the support we need to get through these challenging times.
As a guide, our support is aimed at, but not limited to:
- Those clinically extremely vulnerable (and previous shielders).
- Anyone self-isolating due to symptoms or coming into contact with someone with symptoms. This includes anyone contacted by Track & Trace asked to self-isolate.
- Anyone awaiting test results or anyone with diagnosed or suspected Covid in their household.
- Anyone quarantining after returning from abroad
- Anyone experiencing financial difficulties caused, or made worse by the pandemic.
- Anyone whose mental health or well-being has been affected. If you’re feeling lonely anxious etc, please give us a call to see how we can help.
- Carers who are isolating to protect the people they care for.
How to reach us:
To request help:
By Phone: 0333 335 5266 or text 07835 064587
Fill in the ‘Help request’ form on our website: www.ip17gns.com
Fill in the ‘Register to volunteer’ form on our website: www.ip17gns.com
We’re also putting out leaflets, postcards and posters around the town, through people’s letterboxes and in the Drs surgery.
Or you can visit our Facebook Page or Facebook Group.