IP17 GOOD NEIGHBOUR SCHEME
Connecting our community
IP17GNS is a Good Neighbour Scheme based in Saxmundham, Suffolk. What started in 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, is now a vital lifeline to many in our community.
We have evolved far beyond the usual remit of a Good Neighbour Scheme and now offer a range of support, including with food and fuel poverty, combating loneliness, engaging young children and their parents, clubs and activities for all ages, performing helpful tasks around the house and advocating for the vulnerable or elderly.
HOW CAN WE HELP
FOOD & ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES
- Our Social Supermarket is open on Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am At Saxmundham Town House and offers food & household essentials at subsidised prices. Pay £3.50 and leave with a bag of shopping worth £12 – £20
- Collection and drop off of essential shopping if you can’t get out – you can pay with a card. We can also collect Waitrose click and collect orders
- For people in crisis, we can offer an emergency food parcel free of charge.
- We’ve set up emergency food points in Saxmundham Kelsale and Benhall where you can help yourself to essentials
- We can make food bank referrals if you need support in the longer term.
- We can collect and drop off prescriptions for people who aren’t able to get out to the chemist.
- We can help with online prescription requests.
- If you’re feeling isolated and lonely, IP17GNS can arrange for you to be part of our phone buddy scheme, with regular calls from one of our volunteers to cheer you up.
- Join one of our regular clubs or activities to help you meet new people: Line Dancing; Mondays 7:30-9:00pm at Saxmundham Village Hall, Gather & Grow (for under 5s and their carers) Thursdays 9:15-10:45am at Saxmundham Market Hall, Funky Fridays; (for children aged 5+) In school holidays – check our Facebook page for upcoming dates.
- Sometimes you just need a helping hand. Our network of volunteers have a range of skills and can be called on to help with anything from hanging out the washing to putting flat-pack furniture together, giving lifts to cutting hedges.
To use any of these services, use the ‘help’ form or call
0333 335 5266
Help us support the community by donating to our fundraising page:
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE:
Everything we do relies on our incredible team of volunteers. Whether you can spare a lot of time, or just a little, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteer roles or tasks include: Call handlers, local delivery drivers, walkers or cyclists, tea-makers and kitchen helpers, volunteers to run activities or children’s groups, shelf-stackers & organisers, phone buddies, personal shoppers and many more.
There is no age limit. You do not have to commit to regular hours if you are unable to, and there is no minimum requirement for how much time you can volunteer.
To volunteer, please register by completing the volunteer registration form.
Gather & Grow
Donate to support
Ask for help
Funky Fridays coming up