IP17 GOOD NEIGHBOUR SCHEME
IP17 Good Neighbour Scheme (IP17GNS) is a charity run by volunteers to support people in Saxmundham, Kelsale, Carlton, Benhall and Sternfield through the coronavirus lockdown and beyond.
Our aim is to provide practical support and neighbourly friendship and encouragement through this time which is challenging for everyone.
HOW CAN WE HELP
FOOD & ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES
- Our Social Supermarket is open on Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am At Saxmundham Town House and offers food & household essentials at subsidised prices. Pay £3.50 and leave with a bag of shopping worth £12 – £20
- Collection and drop off of essential shopping if you can’t get out – you can pay with a card. We can also collect Waitrose click and collect orders
- For people in crisis, we can offer an emergency food parcel free of charge.
- We’ve set up emergency food points in Saxmundham Kelsale and Benhall where you can help yourself to essentials
- We can make food bank referrals if you need support in the longer term.
- We can collect and drop off prescriptions for people who aren’t able to get out to the chemist.
- We can help with online prescription requests.
- If you’re feeling isolated and lonely, IP17GNS can arrange for you to be part of our phone buddy scheme, with regular calls from one of our volunteers to cheer you up.
- Join one of our regular clubs or activities to help you meet new people: Line Dancing; Mondays 7:30-9:00pm at Saxmundham Village Hall, Gather & Grow (for under 5s and their carers) Thursdays 9:15-10:45am at Saxmundham Market Hall, Funky Fridays; (for children aged 5+) In school holidays – check our Facebook page for upcoming dates.
To use any of these services, use the ‘help’ form or call
0333 335 5266
Help us support the community by donating to our fundraising page:
Everything we do relies on our incredible team of volunteers. Whether you can spare a lot of time, or just a little, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteer roles or tasks include: Call handlers, local delivery drivers, walkers or cyclists, tea-makers and kitchen helpers, volunteers to run activities or children’s groups, shelf-stackers & organisers, phone buddies, personal shoppers and many more.
There is no age limit. You do not have to commit to regular hours if you are unable to, and there is no minimum requirement for how much time you can volunteer.
To volunteer, please register by completing the volunteer registration form.
Gather & Grow
Donate to support
Join in with our reverse advent calendar