IP17 GOOD NEIGHBOUR SCHEME
IP17 Good Neighbour Scheme (IP17GNS) is a charity run by volunteers to support people in Saxmundham, Kelsale, Carlton, Benhall and Sternfield through the coronavirus lockdown and beyond.
Our aim is to provide practical support and neighbourly friendship and encouragement through this time which is challenging for everyone.
HOW CAN WE HELP
FOOD & ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES
- Collection and drop off of essential shopping if you can’t get out – you can pay with a card. We can also collect Waitrose click and collect orders
- If you’ve run out of funds because the lockdown has stopped you working and/or your support payments haven’t arrived, we can drop off free essential supplies
- We’ve set up emergency food points in Sax, Kelsale and Benhall where you can help yourself to essentials
- We can make food bank referrals if you need support in the longer term.
- We can collect and drop off prescriptions for people who aren’t able to get out to the chemist.
- We can help with online prescription requests.
- If you’re feeling isolated and lonely, IP17GNS can arrange for you to be part of our phone buddy scheme, with regular calls from one of our volunteers to cheer you up.
For help and to order food, use the ‘help’ form or call
0333 335 5266
Help us support the community by donating to our fundraising page:
If you have a couple of hours a week to spare and would be happy to answer calls or be a phone buddy, please get in touch.
All phone volunteers work from home and receive training and support.
We also need volunteer drivers to deliver food and prescriptions – you’d be on call for just one or two days a week.
There is no age limit.
To volunteer, please register by completing the volunteer registration form.
If you need help, call between 10am and 1pm, or fill in the form on this site.
0333 335 5266
If you’d like to volunteer, please TEXT your name to
07849 139 510