IP17 Good Neighbour Scheme
IP17 Good Neighbour Scheme (IP17GNS) is a charity run by volunteers to support people in Saxmundham, Kelsale, Carlton, Benhall and Sternfield through the coronavirus lockdown and beyond.
Our aim is to provide practical support and neighbourly friendship and encouragement through this time which is challenging for everyone.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Food and essential supplies
- Collection and drop off of essential shopping if you can’t get out – you can pay with a card. We can also collect Waitrose click and collect orders
- If you’ve run out of funds because the lockdown has stopped you working and/or your support payments haven’t arrived, we can drop off free essential supplies
- We’ve set up emergency food points in Sax, Kelsale and Benhall where you can help yourself to essentials
- We can make food bank referrals if you need support in the longer term.
- We can collect and drop off prescriptions for people who aren’t able to get out to the chemist.
- We can help with online prescription requests.
- If you’re feeling isolated and lonely, IP17GNS can arrange for you to be part of our phone buddy scheme, with regular calls from one of our volunteers to cheer you up.